Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Owning a house

Owning a house means work and responsibilities. As a matter of fact I own a house and an apartment, both financed on loans. That makes a lot of monthly expenses, but I'll cope through it.
But there are also other responsibilities. A house need regular maintenance, just like a car or a boat. But the good thing of having a large house is that you can renovate it one room at a time.
The house in Norway is just an investment. It is not really a house, it is rather an apartment, and the plan now is to sell it when I can make some money that way. In the meantime, I'll pay my monthly parts of the loan.
The house in Brasil is a life project. Not that it was in a bad shape, it was in really good shape when we was handed the key. But there are solutions that we're not too happy with, and some rooms have been used for quite some time since the last time they have seen some new paint or similar. Many bathrooms also means that some are seldom or never in use. The danger about that is that you don't know the status of systems like water heaters and taps until you need them.
It is an ongoing project to get this house like we want it. Everybody have ideas of how things should be, so to get a better view of things I have started to make drawings of the house. I have chosen to make it in Inkscape, since it is a free program, though I still don't know if I can get the results I want from that. Maybe pen and paper is the best way?

2 comments:

LIS JOHNSEN said...

amor!não se preocupe o mais importante já foi feito encontramos um ao outro e juntos vamos costruir muitas coisas juntos !te amo muito!

Betty Boom said...

Gleder meg til å komme og se huset en gang :)

No er det veldig spennende. Vi heier på dere her nord :) :)