Monday, February 4, 2008

Missing the Carnaval

The the biggest party in the world. Every year, some weeks before easter, all of Brazil dresses up in beautiful costumes, dances samba all night, and celebrates this ancient catholic tradition. Not much of Brazil is catholic of today, but this party has become the soul of the nation. You cannot take it away from them.
Since I am far away on job, my wife is covering the carnaval for me. I check out her blogg several times a day to see if there are something new from the carnaval there. I check out all the photos she posts there and wish that I could be there together with her.
The photos I have put in here is taken from her blogg, I have chosen to put them here so that you can see that the carnaval is a big party also in Guarapari.
Before I left for work I had a small taste of what the carnaval could offer in Guarapari, just check out my video on YouTube.
I hope that I can experience the carnaval next year together with my familly. One of my brothers, Stein Eldar, is planning to visit Brazil about the time of the carnaval 2009, with some luck he visits Guarapari then :D

A big kiss for my wife for sharing these images with me!

The dog Lays is holding is the newest member of the familly. We visited it during christmas, but it was still to young to be brought home. It arrived the house after I left for work, so I havn't met it in our home yet.

1 comment:

Betty Boom said...

Yes, but you will be there for years my friend :)