Friday, August 1, 2008

Waiting for the papers

According to Policia Federal and many other instances, everything is approved, but still I am waiting. The paper process is so slow that it is painful, and while I am waiting for the papers to arrive, I have to wait with getting many services in my name. For instance, I cannot transfer a phone subscription until I get the RNE, the ID card. It is frustrating to wait with all this.
But it isn't all painful, I have received my CPF, so I get some benefits there, and I have received a Brazilian bank account, with checks and credit card, so I can start to buy things on multiple payments (it is normal in Brazil to buy furniture and other things that are a bit expencive in multiple payments).
Finally all the documents I need to get my stuff liberated from customs are also ready, so the wait there is nearing an end. Now we are suffering from delayed communication between the Norwegian branch and the Brazilian branch, just hope that this doesn't further delay the process.
Further I am in the process of transferring the financing of the house to my bank, and in buying a car. I will of course put up a brag page here of the car when it is delivered, and I tell you I am buying a car with style!

No comments: