Thursday, December 27, 2007

Finally it was done

Finally it was done. All the translating of documents, writing applications, waiting for the red tape, receiving documents in return because of information in the wrong language, and all that.
This day started with running around for various appointments. Lis had her nails and hair done, and I bought myself some clothes appropriate for the waiting event. While my wife was busy doing her nail and hair, I brought her daughter to a flower shop to help me out, bought a bunch of flowers. Lays helped me write the card, so that I get the language straight.
Finally the hour was there, we went to the Cartoria, lined up with a few other couples (there was a guy running round taking photos) and finally we where let into a chamber together with a judge and two witnesses. Everything was extremely formal, and the question everybody knows was asked both of us un turns before two documents was sent around for signing. One document signed by me and my wife, the other signed by us and the witnesses. After that the judge stated: I now pronounce you husbond and wife.
We no longer just say we are married, we actually are!
And now, I only need to sort out the rest of the paper work.

2 comments:

Betty Boom said...

Congratulations to you!!!

Felicitacoes!!!

Happy New Year!!

Did you recieve the christmas presents?

Nice yearbook!!! Thanx!

Love from Betty

Skippern said...

Sorry Betty, havn't received any mail from Norway yet, either stuck somewhere, or delayed.